I’m back! There is so much to catch up on and I promise I will do so, but for now, I am going to add a new feature. I will update it every day and it’s mostly to help me focus on all of the blessings in my life. Because, to be honest, the last few months have been difficult. Sometimes amazing, but always difficult. And I have found that it’s helpful to focus on the good when the difficult seems to be overwhelming. Sometimes they will be silly, sometimes incredibly heartfelt, but each day I will post five things that bring me joy, that I am thankful for, that give my life grace (or just give me a reason to get out of my pajamas!) I am hoping that this exercise helps me focus on writing about my journey once again.
1. Realizing that no matter how heart-wrenchingly awful things may seem, July 22, 2010 was the worst day of my life. It will never get any harder than that day. There is something freeing in knowing you’ve already had your worst day and it’s behind you.
2. Sometimes the person who broke your heart years before helps it to heal years later by being a true friend and suffering through a chick-flick with you, almost without complaining!
3. Being thankful for the gift of loving and being loved by someone else, even if it hurts right now.
4. A plethora of storage boxes to keep things out of sight without having to completely say goodbye to them.
5. Real Housewives of New Jersey – for always making me feel like I TOTALLY have my stuff together, comparatively speaking!